Hello friends,
If you know me, you will know I've wanted to live in Paris since I was 13. Given that I am now 26, I have spent half my life trying to get to Paris. So...why do I hate it?
Super easy reason. No guy. Yup. That's it. Sure, you can say that it's not really related to Paris. Let me tell you, it is most definitely related to Paris. I have been guy-free for almost two months at this point and let me tell you: I have no idea what to do with my free time, and I am miserable in a way that I have not been in a long time.
I'm not saying Paris is an awful city. In fact, Paris is a great city. I imagine if I had shown up in Paris at 16, or 19, or even 22, I would have loved it.
Consider:
1) Paris loves supporting recreational activities. Museums? Art galleries? You got it. Circus? Cabaret? Ballet? Yes! Affordable, uncrowded skating rinks, rock climbing walls, and swimming pools? Yes!
2) Paris has a lot of interesting food. Traditional bistros? Check. Michelin stars? Check. Ethnic food that tastes good from Southeast Asia and Northern Africa? Check. Delicious seafood? Check. High-quality beef? Check. Amazing food markets? Check.
3) Paris has beautiful architecture and beautiful gardens and beautiful alleys. Everything is beautiful. The pictures do not lie.
So...what's wrong?
Well. I've hit that age in my life (26) where I feel like life should not just be about food and play and pretty things. And...for some reason, living here gives me no joy. It's not the language, it's not the food, it's not anything about it here. My test is always: if I fall madly in love with a guy in this location, will I want to stay? For Paris, it's a no. In fact, I don't even want to fall in love with a guy in Paris. So...that's that.
No comments:
Post a Comment