Monday, April 2, 2018

Shanghai

I loved Shanghai as a 19-year-old, and I loved it again as a 22-year-old. Let me tell you, shopping in Asia and being able to fit into all the one-size dresses was a dream come true. I loved it.

Shanghai was interesting for me because I fashioned it into what I think was my ideal lifestyle at the time. Consider:
1. Class in the mornings
2. Figure skating, rock climbing, and shopping, 2 times a week
3. Playing pre-school with 4-year olds once a week for spending money
4. Trying out every variation of Shanghainese food, and Chinese food more generally, at every meal
5. Going out with friends all the time, day and night. Karaoke, shopping, food, museums, traveling. The great thing about lots of East Asian cities is that they close around 2AM which means there is delivery until 2AM, and then when things start opening at 6AM you can go out and eat again.

The only flaw with Shanghai was...yup. No guy. This is in my early 20s though, so guys were not yet a big deal. I think it put a damper on my day maybe...10% of the time. Of course if I were to go back as a single person now, it...really wouldn't be so fun. Also, I don't care so much for fashionable clothing or Chinese food anymore. So...would I go back to live? Probably not. Maybe if my future husband wanted to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment